Turning Back (Part II)

Lucas couldn’t believe he hadn’t heard from her. He knew they weren’t talking as much, but they still were. He finally decided to get in touch with her the only way he knew how.

Hey Kim,

I know what we said and how we said it. I also know we never follow what we say, but somehow I feel like you did this time.

I don’t know where you are, if you’re back from your trip or have gone for another one, but it felt odd not having heard from you for a long time. I feel like this is small talk, which I know you hate. But I do not know what I am supposed to be saying here.

A while ago I started getting the feeling that you just wanted to start running and not turn back. I thought that is what made you happy, and I hope you ARE happy. Every single time you decided to go, I thought I should run after you, but I didn’t know if you wanted me to.

I don’t know what’s happening right now, but all I know is, I feel like you shut something off a while ago. It was like a switch went off in you and you stopped feeling something. I wanted to say these things to you when I had your attention and I wanted to ask you what you needed and wanted and why it felt like there was an invisible wall whenever we saw each other, and now I don’t know why I didn’t say these things and decided to talk about problems instead.

If it’s not too late though, I would still like to ask, are you coming back soon?

Waiting,
Luke.

-->
Kimberly, unaware of this letter travelling in particles through the interwebs, sobbing, put a pen to the paper as she started to write the most difficult thing she was ever going to write.

Comments

Popular Posts